Velir is an established mid-sized agency with a top-tier portfolio of clients, ranging from the world’s largest non-profits to Fortune 500 brands. We pride ourselves on our people-first culture and a low-ego workplace that embraces experimentation, collaboration and continuous improvement. We have a fun office environment located in Davis Square (Somerville, MA) and offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
Associate Developers are responsible for ensuring their code meets client expectations prior to a release. Associate Developers will work on development tasks including bug fixes and change requests across a number of different solutions and technology stacks while identifying and mitigating risk when possible.
- Develop: Write code, configurations, and use tools necessary to implement owned areas of web applications. Produce quality code in all layers of web applications; including business logic and front end areas. Work closely with team members on production issues.
- Risk Management: Identify risks and communicate to account team.
- Communication: Provide status updates to team leaders and Project Managers frequently and clearly.
- Documentation: Update standard and account specific documentation.
- Code Management: Use best practices with source control, frequent & verbose check-ins, commented and clean coding practices. Merge code as required following Velir’s established best practices.
- Testing: Provide adequate testing before delivering to QA. When applicable keep unit and integration tests up to date.
- Environments: Understand the roles of each environment (DEV, QA, UAT, STAGE, PROD) and leverage effectively.
- Estimation and Planning: Participate in validating requirements and the creation and validation of development estimates for project planning.
- Process: Learn and adopt current Velir processes. Provide suggestions for improving process and practices on an account level.
knowledge, SKILLS, and abilities
- Willingness to explore new/unfamiliar technologies.
- Continued learning and application of OO design and development techniques.
- Eager to learn and continuously improve.
- Ability to debug and find problems within existing systems.
- Understanding of Object Oriented Design and Programming.
education & Experience
- College degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Full project life cycle experience preferred or understanding.
- Frequent sitting at a desk performing work on a computer.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply today! Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Velir is an E-Verify Company.