Business Systems Analyst
Velir is an established mid-sized agency with a top-tier portfolio of clients, ranging from the world’s largest non-profits to Fortune 500 brands. We pride ourselves on our people-first culture and a low-ego workplace that embraces experimentation, collaboration and continuous improvement. We have a fun office environment located in Davis Square (Somerville, MA) and offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
A Velir Business Systems Analyst (BSA) is instrumental in crafting and delivering digital and web solutions for our clients and their audiences. BSAs work collaboratively with internal teams, clients and third-party vendors throughout the entire project lifecycle.
The BSA gathers and analyzes business and functional requirements by working directly with our clients and project team members. This individual must be highly analytical and have strong understanding of technology and business systems. A successful BSA knows how to lead and execute a strategic vision, while paying close attention to details.
- Gather business and functional requirements from clients through research and information gathering meetings (conference calls and in-person)
- Create implementation plans for Web Content Management Systems (WCMS) including Sitecore, Adobe AEM, and Drupal (prior experience with these systems is not required, but any experience with WCMS is a plus)
- Work with designers and user experience analysts to develop functional and technical specifications for developers
- Serve as the marketing technologist on web-related project initiatives for our clients
- Collaborate with developers to articulate solutions and provide assistance during implementation
- Plan and architect data models for organizing large volumes of information
- Work with developers to create integration plans for connecting the WCMS to a variety of other marketing systems (CRM, Email Marketing, E-Commerce, etc.)
- Educate and train business users on how to operate the solutions that we design, develop and implement
- Consult and advise clients on business decisions that require an understanding of technology implications
- 3+ years’ experience as a Business Analyst or Systems Analyst in a professional or client-facing environment (agency experience a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Experience or exposure to implementing technology (software, platforms, or systems)
- Strong understanding of SDLC (software development lifecycle) and Agile project management methodologies
- Skilled at creating professional documentation and specifications using MS Office Suite and/or related tools (such as Axure)
- Knowledge pertaining to web technologies (i.e., APIs, HTML/CSS/JS, Server Architectures, etc.) a plus
- Ability to lead by proactively identifying risks and resulting actions to mitigate and resolve issues
- Experience with project life-cycle management tools (JIRA and Confluence is a plus)
- Experience with Web Content Management Systems and integrations (Sitecore, AEM, Drupal) is not essential, but a big plus.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to work independently
- Ability to occasionally travel within the United States
Apply today! Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Velir is an E-Verify Company.