Director, Business Systems Analysis
Velir is an established mid-sized agency with a top-tier portfolio of clients, ranging from the world’s largest non-profits to Fortune 500 brands. We pride ourselves on our people-first culture and a low-ego workplace that embraces experimentation, collaboration and continuous improvement. We have a fun office environment located in Davis Square (Somerville, MA) and offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
The Velir Business Systems Analysis department is comprised of multi-disciplinary individuals who act as a bridge between our clients and our development teams. Their focus is to provide practical systems solutions in the content management and digital marketing space that enhance our client’s communication and/or marketing strategies.
The Director of Business Systems Analysis is responsible for the day-to-day management of the group. We are looking for someone who has a deep understanding of the methods and tools of a Systems Analyst along with a track record of growing and leading high performing teams. The Director’s broad responsibilities include team leadership, cross-departmental collaboration, ensuring quality technical documentation across engagements, resourcing planning and utilization, individual management of junior and senior roles, business development, and consulting with Velir’s clients.
- Manage the Business Systems Analyst group by performing 1-on-1s, offering continuous performance feedback, bi-annual performance events, and setting/monitoring individuals’ professional development goals.
- Analyze all incoming work to make appropriate staffing assignments in coordination with other department Managers. Track staffing utilization month to month.
- Provide or validate estimates for Business Systems Analyst involvement in all new business.
- Monitor in-flight projects to identify any risks arising from the technical discovery portions of projects. Work with staff and peers in order to drive resolution on the identified risks.
- Lead the group in developing greater expertise and continuously iterating on best practices for the Business Systems Analysis capability.
- Assist in the new business development process, contributing to and attending pitches for potential new clients.
- Understand the trends and shifts in relevant technology and resulting analysis and align professional development to required skills of the future.
- Research and vet new technologies and approaches that drive client efficiency and ROI.
- Perform as a leading Business Systems Analyst on key accounts, setting project-level direction for discovery activities.
- Requirements gathering and management, business process management, problem-solving, client communication, change management, content management, digital solutions.
knowledge and skills
- Proven experience of managing a team of resources
- Highly organized and process-oriented
- A problem solver, a fixer, and a creative technologist
- Comfortable presenting in front of large groups
- Able to drive consensus amongst clients and peers across functional areas
- Enthusiastic about the web, stays up to date on current trends
- Passionate about quality and continuous improvement
education and skills
- B.S./M.S. degree in related field (Computer Science, IT, MIS,)
- 5+ years of experience leading large teams in technical discovery projects
- 5+ years of experience directly supervising employees, managing performance goals
- Prior agency experience (consulting or otherwise client-facing) is a plus
- Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS), ideally Sitecore CMS, Drupal and/or Adobe AEM.
- Exposure to our common integration points (CRMs, mass E-Mail platforms, E-Commerce)
- Frequent sitting at a desk performing work on a computer.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Regular domestic travel will be required
Apply today! Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Velir is an E-Verify Company.