Director of QA
Velir is an established mid-sized agency with a top-tier portfolio of clients, ranging from the world’s largest non-profits to Fortune 500 brands. We pride ourselves on our people-first culture and a low-ego workplace that embraces experimentation, collaboration, and continuous improvement. We have a fun office environment located in Davis Square (Somerville, MA) and offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
In this role, you will define strategy and oversee day to day operations for the QA group. You will mentor the team in test plan creation and test execution for both automated and manual testing efforts. Responsible for defining and developing testing strategies and service offerings that can meet these varying project requirements.
roles and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with the Chief Operating Officer setting group strategy and reporting progress on initiatives.
- Set and manage team goals and initiatives that align with our organizational and company-wide objectives.
- Manage the QA Engineering team; setting expectations for the roles and responsibilities.
- Guide the long term vision for QA team including people, process, and support for current and new projects.
- Act as an internal and client facing thought leader for our manual and automated testing efforts.
- Monitor and maintain proper resourcing levels across a wide portfolio of projects.
- Work closely with Client Service, Digital Strategy, and Development teams through the project lifecycle.
- Act as the Quality Assurance liaison to our clients, occasionally participating in Business Development.
- Manage and mentor a team of onshore and offshore test engineers on manual and automated testing practices.
knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be a strong team player with proven leadership skills managing a team both on site and offshore.
- Experience with test plan development and automation in software development.
- Digital Agency experience a big plus.
- Hands on experience with automation tools and frameworks.
- Experience managing an offshore team is critical.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Experience leading or driving process change is desirable.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multitask, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills including: problem solving, decision making, influencing, change management.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
education and experience:
- BS Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience testing web based applications (ideally Sitecore and Adobe CQ)
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, TestRail, & MavenLink are a plus
- Experience growing and managing a quality assurance department
- Minimum of 7+ years of QA experience, with 2+ years in a QA management position
- Demonstrated people development and leadership skills
- Frequent sitting at a desk performing work on a computer.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply today! Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Velir is an E-Verify Company.