Front-End Web Developer
Velir is a 150 person integrated digital agency focused on providing strategic, creative, custom development and support services to some of the world’s most impactful non-profits and commercial organizations. We pride ourselves on having a culture that embraces experimentation, collaboration, transparency, and continuous improvement. This culture, along with our Core Values has allowed us to become one of the largest independent, integrated digital agencies in the US.
The Front-End Web Developer is a member of a cross-functional web development team responsible for building enterprise level web applications using client-side technologies to create rich, dynamic, and visually appealing experiences. This developer is a strong communicator who excels at collaborating with team members and conveying technical concepts to other developers, managers, and clients. This developer has strong technical skills utilizing the latest concepts in client-side practices including responsive and mobile-first techniques, tools such as css preprocessors and task runners, and client side frameworks including react and angular.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to understand requirements, communicate designs, and implement specifications.
- Build content and data driven enterprise level web applications, implementing dynamic user interfaces emphasizing responsive web design and accessibility.
- Integrate with third-party systems and providers by consuming web services and collaborate with back-end developers to design APIs and service interfaces.
- Write clean, well-organized code, following industry standard coding practices (SASS, SMACCS, BEM).
- Create documentation around processes including front-end design and service architecture.
- Work in both Agile and Waterfall project methodologies, meeting delivery milestones and quality expectations.
- Apply quality measures around performance, security, and scalability
Education & Experience
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years of developing dynamic web applications
- Demonstrated experience building responsive web designs
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Deep knowledge in HTML5 and CSS3
- Able to communicate technical concepts effectively to members of cross-functional team, clients, and stakeholders
- Ability to maintain and foster a high level communication and collaboration, aptitude for building consensus and compromise with your approach, and enthusiasm for introducing new concepts and processes
- Ability to identify roadblocks, raise these risks, and provide leadership towards resolutions
- Ability to learn and master new technologies; technologies used at Velir include: React/Angular, jQuery, Gulp, Sass, GIT, MVC, NPM, Avocode
- Frequent sitting at a desk performing work on a computer
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply today! Send a cover letter and resume, to email@example.com.
Velir is an E-Verify Company.