The Systems Administrator closely monitors all servers and is the first point of help for any issues related to Velir IT operations.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Administration of various operating systems including Windows, OS X, and Linux Servers.
- Manage the internal VMware infrastructure and Microsoft Azure cloud.
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of both development and production environments.
- Keeping OS, databases, and software updates current across all servers.
- Manage user computers and provide helpdesk support.
- Perform daily upkeep tasks to ensure systems are functioning properly.
- Maintain infrastructure documentation to ensure all systems and processes are documented completely.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Solid understanding of enterprise networking.
- Ability to communicate on both the technical and non-technical level.
- Ability to problem solve and arrive at solutions methodically.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and time effectively.
- Strong communication skills.
Education & Experience
- BS in Computer Science or technical certification.
- Experience in Windows and MS SQL Server Administration.
- Experience with managing Active Directory.
- Experience with VMware ESXi vSphere and vCenter.
- Experience with Dell Equallogic or other SANs.
- Experience scripting in PowerShell and other scripting languages.
- Frequent sitting at a desk performing work on a computer.
- Lift, carry, push or pull supplies, equipment and/or materials. Periodically involves moving objects weighing more than 50 pounds.
- Bending, kneeling, crouching and reaching required when setting up workstations.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply today! Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Velir is an E-Verify Company.