Junior Visual Designer
Do you excitedly tell all your friends when your favorite restaurant changes the typography on its dinner menu? Do you consider yourself an ambitious learner? Are you the type of person that believes that with optimism and imagination anything is possible? Are you a kind, thoughtful person who’s fun to be around for 40 hours or so each week? If so, you might be our next Junior Visual Designer!
As a Junior Visual Designer you’ll work with senior visual designers and experience designers to execute exciting, modern visual aesthetics for client websites, while honing your own design skill set and growing within our highly experienced visual design team. Your main responsibility will be to create clean and organized web design deliverables based on your input from senior visual designers, digital strategists, and user experience designers. You’ll be expected to work both autonomously and as part of a team – executing ideas and working off of established style guides and wireframes.
In order to accomplish this, you’ll need to be flexible, eager to learn, and have a keen visual eye. Be proactive, as you will be a key element to the team. We will also give you the opportunity to learn, take initiative and make a significant contribution to your career path as a visual designer.
Your day to day responsibilities will revolve around web design production work, using deliverables like page mock ups, visual inventories and style tiles, working with senior visual designers, and UX designers to extend full site designs into sub pages and components, along with internal design projects as needed. You’ll have the opportunity to learn and contribute on web applications, wireframes, site enhancements, feature additions, and data visualizations as well as from-scratch website redesigns. To sum up: you’ll be an actively-engaged designer on a growing, collaborative, no-ego team whose primary focus is “making the best stuff we can for clients we really care about.” Sound good?
Skills, Experience, & Attitude: Required
- A developing portfolio of sample client work from past freelance, agency, or internal design positions
- 2+ years’ experience executing designs for the web using modern design and wireframing tools
- Eager to learn, collaborative, supportive, respectful personality
- Experience with data-heavy responsive designs
- Comfortable working on multiple projects under deadlines
- Ability to respond professionally and positively to critical feedback
- Understanding of fundamental principles of UX design
- Interest in the capabilities of HTML/CSS and how to design with these in mind
Skills, Experience, & Attitude: Nice-to-Have
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. graphic design, human interface design, fine art, etc.)
- Previous web implementation, design agency experience
- Past experience working on a team with other designers
- Previous experience as a junior designer, designer, visual designer, web designer, or similar
Apply today! Send a cover letter and resume, to email@example.com.
Velir is an E-Verify Company.