Velir is a 150 person integrated digital agency focused on providing strategic, creative, custom development and support services to some of the world’s most impactful non-profits and commercial organizations. We pride ourselves on having a culture that embraces experimentation, collaboration, transparency, and continuous improvement. This culture, along with our Core Values has allowed us to become one of the largest independent, integrated digital agencies in the US.
The Client Services division of Velir is responsible for managing relationships and advocating for client needs. The group supervises the pursuit of contracts, deployment of consulting resources, and ultimately holds responsibility for the success of projects. Members of the Client Services team work to become true partners of their client counterparts through deep parallel understanding of their clients’ businesses and their needs, as well as web capabilities and Velir’s services.
The Program Manager reports into a VP of Client Service, and is responsible for overall client satisfaction, quality of service, and on-time, on-budget completion of deliverables across a portfolio of accounts. This position supports the larger accounts through the VP of Client Services and also has responsibility of smaller accounts. The Program Manager is responsible for the growth and development of their portfolio by managing client roadmaps, developing and negotiating contracts, and properly resourcing projects to ensure successful delivery. In pursuit of these goals, the lead role will have their projects staffed with CS resources responsible for coordinating their activities as well as helping to assess account and project opportunities and reporting.
A successful Program Manager has a passion for our industry and our business and has the ability to identify opportunities within a given account and sell through projects that align to Velir’s offerings. This person should be a strong consultant with a keen desire to understand the wants and needs of their clients and have their expertise leveraged. They should also be clued into the business and be able to negotiate on behalf of Velir. They are politically savvy, can build relationships, engender trust and motivate others through influence and knowledge. They are seen as trusted and competent partners who understand the client’s objectives, and are able to mobilize Velir teams to deliver high quality outcomes that meet those objectives.
Contribute to developing our business and growing accounts.
- Contribute to case studies to continue to position Velir in the marketplace
- Work with client in existing portfolio to suggest ways of solving tangential business problems and track progress in Velir systems
- In concert with the business development team, drive estimation and proposal process for new contracts
- Participate in on-sites and road mapping exercises with clients
- Provide oversight on all client facing deliverables and ensure they are of the highest quality and meet client needs and expectations (particularly for written, strategic deliverables)
- A strong understanding of the scope/product end-to-end, and serve as a resource to internal stakeholders to communicate the clients needs
- Demonstrated ability create and maintain account plans for the portfolio of clients
- Demonstrate a strong ability to cultivate and nurture client relationships at every level
Manage the financial health of a portfolio of Velir clients
- Support the VP Client Services, Executive Management and Finance to roadmap and forecast account revenue projections and opportunities
- Negotiate, or review and ensure, favorable scope and terms of contracts for all portfolio accounts.
- Write contracts and change orders from beginning to end for each client engagement
- Prepare and send invoices for all accounts, tracking billable hours
- Provides internal reports including regular status reports, defects and sprint health and burndown.
Directly lead major projects within client portfolio
- Build and lead a project team to produce a superior product through communicating resourcing changes, setting expectations, and filling gaps as you see them.
- Demonstrate your communication and facilitation skills through running stand-ups, kick-offs, reviews, core client meetings.
- Plan and execute on projects through meticulously crafted work breakdown structures, sprint planning, releases, and monitor and update the teams on the progress of deliverables.
- This role will also manage some project logistical work such as scheduling and coordination of on-sites
Resourcing and continuous improvement
- Determine resource needs to complete projects on time and on budget
- Build resourcing plans based on SOWs and budgets
- Meet regularly with traffic management to ensure proper resource alignment on accounts
- Plan and facilitate retrospectives, ensuring Velir leverages information gathered as part of this process
- Proactively and frequently provides feedback to project teams members to improve results
- Remain conscious of team dynamics and intervene as appropriate
- Ability to communicate about project status effectively
- Track, understand and makes sense of key metrics like timeline, scope, budget, progress and risk
- Develop and produce meaningful client facing reports on projects
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 6+ years in the Digital Agency industry or related experience, developing interactive projects and managing client work
- Demonstrated experience running medium to large engagements
- Experience with various projects types including: full life-cycle web CMS development, Web Design and Agile
- Understanding of strategy, design, and web development
- Proven experience navigating difficult political environments
- Ability to define solutions that will generate measurable results for the client
- Developing negotiation skills with a strong aptitude for growth
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Solid understanding of project management, work flow and infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of web development technologies. Knowledge of quality assurance process is required.
- Financial acumen and advanced insight into business processes
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required.
Apply today! Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Velir is an E-Verify Company.