Senior .NET Developer
Velir is a 130 person integrated digital agency focused on providing strategic, creative, custom development and support services to some of the world’s most impactful non-profits and commercial organizations. We pride ourselves on having a culture that embraces experimentation, collaboration, transparency, and continuous improvement. This culture, along with our Core Values has allowed us to become one of the largest independent, integrated digital agencies in the US.
The Senior Web Applications Developer is a member of a cross-functional web development team responsible for building enterprise level web applications using technologies including .NET and Sitecore. This senior developer is a strong communicator who excels at collaborating with team members and conveying technical concepts to other developers, managers, and clients. This senior developer has strong technical skills utilizing clean and solid programming techniques, web security practices, and design patterns.
- Lead a team of cross-functional developers through the full project lifecycle; defining requirements and architectural design, implementation, release planning, and deployment
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to understand requirements, communicate designs, and implement specifications
- Build content driven enterprise level web applications, implementing user interfaces and back-end functionality for both the client and authoring experiences
- Integrate with third-party systems by building web services, providers, and designing APIs
- Write clean, well-organized code, following industry standard coding practices (SOLID) and security guidelines (OWASP)
- Create documentation around processes including deployments, solution audits, data and content migrations, and systems integrations
- Work in both Agile and Waterfall project methodologies, meeting delivery milestones and quality expectations
- Write unit tests and apply other quality measures around performance, security, and scalability
- Mentor and coach junior developers
- Assist the business development team with technical assessments and estimates
Education & Experience
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of developing complex web applications
- Experience building dynamic websites using .NET and MVC
- Foundation in software engineering principles including object oriented programming, design patterns, and SOLID
- Experience consulting for clients and stakeholders
- Experience leading and mentoring other developers
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Able to communicate technical concepts effectively to members of cross-functional teams, clients, and stakeholders
- Ability to maintain and foster a high level communication and collaboration, aptitude for building consensus and compromise with your approach, and enthusiasm for introducing new concepts and processes
- Ability to identify roadblocks, raise these risks, and provide leadership towards resolutions
- Ability to learn and master new technologies; technologies used at Velir include: Visual Studio, Sitecore, MongoDB, SQL Server, GIT, MVC, Apache Solr, nUnit/nCrunch, Azure/AWS
- Frequent sitting at a desk performing work on a computer
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Apply today! Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Velir is an E-Verify Company.