What We Are Excited About in Drupal 10
After several months of iteration and development, Drupal 10 has been released!
We’ve been hard at work shoring up code and development to prepare for this next version of Drupal, so we’re ready to hit the ground running with it. We’ve even released a handful of modules compatible with Drupal 10, so they are ready to use! Here are some that we’ve written about already:
- Better Drupal 10 Error Pages with Ignition
- Modules for Ambitious Site Builders: Views Minimum Condition
As we help our clients prepare to upgrade to Drupal 10, here are some of its features we’re excited about.
- CKEditor 5 for rich text editing/formatting
- Symfony 6.2 running under the hood
- “Automatic Updates” in core for unattended software updates
- “Project Browser” for searching for modules and themes from within your Drupal site
- Beautiful new admin theme(s)
- Increased support for headless capabilities via REST, JSON:API, HTTP APIs, and GraphQL for decoupled site building
- “Starterkits” for themes and “Blueprints” for modules—new ways of developing and generating features for your site—designed for reuse
- Improved accessibility (a11y) features
- Fantastic new modules like Event-Condition-Action and a draggable action builder
- Over 2,000 modules are ready to go for Drupal 10, with thousands more pending release for Q1 2023
It’s a long list, but there is so much more we’re looking forward to learning in the coming months now that Drupal 10 is available!
Drupal 10’s Release Party and Speakers
The Drupal community is hosting an online release party for Drupal 10 featuring several community speakers covering a variety of topics. You can check it out and join the fun at drupal10party.com.
We can’t wait to see its NextJS, GraphQL, accessibility, and ECA demos!
Are You Ready for Drupal 10?
Drupal 10 has a lot of great new features, not to mention bugfixes, quality of life improvements, and performance enhancements. Instead of reading about it, get on Drupal 10 today to experience it for yourself. Velir has extensive experience with Drupal all the way back to version 5 and has performed several migrations for each iteration. We can help you get there! Contact us today to learn how we can help you upgrade to Drupal 10.