What Personal Data We Collect and How We Collect It
Velir, may at times collect your personal data in one of the following ways.
- Website Forms: If you enter information such as your name, and email address, country of residence, company you represent, industry, and details of an inquiry on our Contact page or on other forms throughout our website. This data enables us to respond to a general/business inquiry made by you or on behalf of the company that you represent. We may also collect your phone number, if you wish to be contacted by telephone.
- Career Applications: If you send in your resume and other personal details through our Careers page available at https://www.velir.com/careers, which enables you to apply online for a job at Velir. We may use this information throughout Velir to consider you for employment or to respond to your inquiry. We may also keep the information for future consideration for any positions that may arise at Velir.
- Communication Subscriptions: You may provide us with information when subscribing to our communications. For example, this data may include your name, email address, and the company you represent. We also keep track of your areas of interest (such as receiving newsletters, thought leadership content, and/or marketing collateral) that you may have either opted into or opted out of.
- Email Communications: If you receive our marketing communications, we may track whenever you receive, open, click a link, or share an email you receive from us. To unsubscribe from Velir marketing communications, please click the unsubscribe link in our emails.
- Information from Other Sources: Velir might receive information about you from other sources, such as public sources, social media, directories, registries to ensure the accuracy and completeness of your personal data.
Purpose and Lawful Basis for Processing Personal Data
- Where we require your consent, you will find opt-in mechanisms and the ability to withdraw your consent at any time.
- Where we need to perform a contract, we are about to enter into or have entered into with you. For example, when we perform our services for you or the company you represent.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation. This will include maintaining records, compliance checks or screening and recording (e.g., anti-money laundering, financial and credit checks, fraud and crime prevention and detection, trade sanctions, and embargo laws). This may include automated checks of personal data you provide about your identity against relevant databases and contacting you to confirm your identity or making records of our communications with you for compliance purposes.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or those of a third party and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. For example, our legitimate interest will include market research purposes, marketing purposes and appropriate controls to ensure our website, processes and procedures are running effectively for the prevention and detention of against fraud and for IT security purposes. You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you by contacting us.
If processing of personal data is subject to any other laws, then the lawful basis of processing personal data may be different to that set out above and those circumstances will be based on national laws.
Velir will only process the received information needed to pursue our legitimate business interests. For example, screening CVs of prospective candidates, establishing communication with prospective clients (whom you represent) and personnel with general/ business inquiries, and to enhance our user experience.
You also have the option to subscribe/opt-in to receive newsletters, thought leadership content and/or marketing collateral. You can always opt-out of such options via the link in your newsletter emails or by writing to [email protected].
Velir implements industry standard security measures to keep your personal data secure and confidential, including but not limited to:
- Restricting access to your personal data to Velir employees strictly on a need-to-know basis, such as responding to an inquiry or request.
- Implementing physical, electronic, administrative, technical, and procedural safeguards that comply with all applicable rules, laws, legislation, and regulations to protect your personal data from unauthorized or inappropriate access, alteration, disclosure and/or destruction.
Cookies and IP Data
By visiting Velir.com you agree that we can place these cookies on your device. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
Web beacons, conversion pixels and other technologies for similar purposes may be included on these sites, in marketing emails or our newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and links clicked on. Web beacons do not place information on your device but may work together with cookies to monitor website activity. The information provided in this section, also applies to this technology. “Conversion pixels” are small codes located on webpages which may be triggered when someone visits them, resulting in an increase in their conversion count.
Velir may analyze your IP and browser information to determine what is most effective about our website, to help us identify ways to improve it and, eventually, to determine who we can make improvements to provide a better user experience.
Further examples of the information we may gather with these cookies, and how it is used, is set forth in “What Personal Data We Collect and How We Collect It,” above.
Third Parties: Who We May Share Your Personal Data With
- The personal data Velir collects from you is stored in one or more databases hosted by third parties. These third parties do not use or have access to your personal data for any purpose other than cloud storage and retrieval.
- Where required or permitted by law, information may be provided to others, such as but not limited to regulators, through legal processes, or enforceable government directives.
Data Storage and Retention
Velir will retain your personal data relevant to the business purposes. We will only keep your personal data for as long as is reasonably necessary, taking into consideration our purposes outlined above or to comply with legal, accounting or reporting requirements under applicable law(s).
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of personal data, the purposes for which we process the personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Personal data received from prospective clients shall be retained for the duration of the prospective client’s business relationship with the Velir and in accordance with the retention criteria set out in our client privacy notice.
For more information on where and how long your personal data is stored, and for more information on your rights of erasure and portability, please contact us at [email protected].
Existence of Automated Profiling
Velir uses automated profiling in limited circumstances related to email campaigns. As part of our email campaigns, we may track when you receive, open, click a link, or share an email you receive from us using a Velir managed automated solution. The automated solution profiles the information tracked to evaluate your interest in our service offerings and/or promotions. This enables us to identify and target potential customers and/or business partners and aims to provide you with relevant and timely content based on your indicated interests.
Data Subject Rights
You may have certain rights relating to your personal data provided under the GDPR. These include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data and request details of the processing activities conducted by Velir.
- Request that your personal data is rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Request erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Request restriction of the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Receive your personal data provided to us as a controller in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format in certain circumstances.
- Object to, and not to be subject to a decision based solely on, automated processing (including profiling), which produces legal effects or significantly affects you.
- Withdraw your consent provided at any time by contacting us.
To exercise the rights outlined above in respect of your personal data you may write to us at [email protected].
If you have any questions or concerns as to how your data is being processed, you can contact us by writing to [email protected].
Please contact us with concerns you may have. Data protection laws such as the GDPR give you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live, or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws has occurred.
Changes to our Website Privacy Notice
This Website Privacy Notice was last updated in May 2021 and Velir will notify you of changes we may make to this privacy notice where required. However, we would recommend that you look back at this notice from time to time to check for any updates.